GXQ Immigration Services

— Your reliable immigration consultant


Work permit

Work permit includes open work permit and employer-specific work permit.
Open work permit doesn't require employer or LMIA. Open work permit holders can work for any employers or choose not to work. Types of open work permit includes the following:

  1. Post-graduate work permit (PGWP)
    After graduating from universities or colleges, students can apply for a post-graduate work permit, which is valid for one to three years. If the study program is more than 8 months but less than 2 years, the PGWP will be valid as the same length as the study program. If the study program is 2 years or more, the PGWP will be issued for 3 years. PGWP should be applied within 90 days of graduation while the study permit is still valid.
  2. Co-op work permit
    ​With a valid study permit, students can work on-campus or off-campus with no more than 20 hours per week. Some programs include co-op as part of their curriculum. During co-op, students can work full-time. To apply for a co-op work permit, it is required a letter from the school that confirms all students in the program need to complete work placements to get their degree.
  3. Spouse open work permit
    ​If you are a spouse or family member of someone working or studying in Canada, you may be eligible for an open work permit. It is usually valid as the same length as your spouse's work permit or study permit. If you are being sponsored under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class, you can apply for an open work permit to work while the application is being processed. It may be issued for 2 years.
  4. Bridging open work permit
    This type of work permit lets you keep working while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application. You may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if:
    • you applied for permanent residence;
    • your current work permit expires in 4 months or less;
    • you have valid status on your work permit;
    • you are currently in Canada.

About us

GXQ Immigration Services is registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). All the cases are handled by Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) to ensure professionalism and punctuality.

Free evaluation

​We offer free skilled worker immigration evaluation and customized immigration plan.

Follow us